Thursday, June 11, 2009

My new blog home!!



I have decided to create a new blog, so this will be my new blog home!




Some of my newest art pages!




Copyright 2009 Nancy Baumiller "Winds of Change"


I really love how this one turned out! I started with an 8.5" x 11" piece of cardstock and then randomly placed colors using Neo II's watersoluable crayons, then using a baby wipe to blend and cover the page. I then used my Prismacolor pencils to add more color, depth and details. Then comes the border using some vintage comic book strips, cut to fit the page and then glued. I added other ephemera that I have in my handy dandy goodie drawer! Next came the central images...the elephants and girl came from magazines. I added some randsom lettering from cutting out text from various magazines. I also used some images I got from http://www.teeshamoore.com/ Then doodling with paint markers adding more detail and finally some journaling.

Copyright 2009 Nancy Baumiller "Play"

Another piece created on 8.5" x 11" cardstock in basically the same fashion as previously. Vintage comic book strips for the border, magazine images (both vintage and newer), more images from www.teeshamoore.com and wings from ImageVillage on Etsy.

I will be working on some new pages here soon. The inspiration is there but daily life is keeping me busy with cleaning and you guessed it...mowing the lawn! Honestly I think I am starting to get used to the riding lawn mower...there are a few spots on the property that I refuse to ride it LOL Lots of hills! Talk about scarrrrrrrrrrry! But for the most part I've got the hang of it. I can't say I really enjoy it but to avoid the property from looking like it was abandoned years ago, I must! lol

Much love and hugs!

NancyB

1 comment: