Tuesday, July 21, 2009

More Art...


Copyright 2009 Nancy Baumiller All Rights Reserved
"Beautiful Things"
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched but are felt in the heart." ~Helen Keller
Created on 8.5" x 11" cardstock...Watersoluable crayons (Neo II's) were used for the background in this piece and then lightly washed over with a baby wipe. I then added the border elements and the main image. I then spent alot of time shading with colored pencils and adding details and also with poster paint pens and other various pens. The quote was added...and more paper collage elements and more detail. I also did more shading to add depth and creating light in the piece. Those last two things(shading and adding light) are what I have been putting the most time and effort into and might I say tremendously fun!
I didn't really have much of anything today to get done as far as chores and the kids were out playing at a friends house, so I took time to myself and finished up this piece. Hopefully tonight when all is quiet I can start a third piece.
No other news to share at the moment. But I will tell you there is alot on my mind! LOL
Time for me to head to the kitchen and make some Chicken Fajita's! Who's hungry!? hee hee
Much love and hugs!!
xoxo
NancyB

4 comments:

  1. Nancy, you have no idea how you inspire me. I am going to try to get a few more chores done today, look at all of your work yet again, and try to do my version of the inspiration I get from you. I have this feeling I want to "let go" a bit and see what happens. I am so intimidated by the lettering though. We'll see . . .

    I still say you need to put those collage sheets of yours in your Etsy. I used a bit of one last night. Probably will again tonight. I'm going to start on my own sheets(thought quite different than yours). When I get them done in a few weeks, you can be my tester and then I'll feel okay about having yours to use. We'll be fair and square. I still love yours so much!

    I'm babbling and I guess I didn't come out and say . . . this is gorgeous work, just gorgeous. You're my idol! (okay, I have a few, but you're at the top of the list!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece is really lovely Nancy - and your blog background and banner are SO cool!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete